Feeding our family healthy delicious food is a challenge. Healthy for me means no preservatives, food coloring, very minimal to no salt, I also want to get accessible ingredients that I can easily grow in my dream garden.
My mother is a superb gardener. The green thumb flows in my blood. The problem is the opportunity, I just do not have it yet. So, I will stay at the present moment and learn to cook healthy original recipes.
So here is my first experiment.
1. Boil cabbage leaves for less than a minute.
2. Shred cabbage and carrots and celery.
3. Add a bit of chopped green onions and fresh basil.
4. Saute garlic, onion and add the chicken and season with black pepper.
For the dressing:
1. Mix together apple cider vinegar, hot water, fish sauce, honey and olive oil.
2. Add red crushed pepper.