NEW! St. Benedict Majestic Altar Mahogany Crucifix with Miraculous Medal
History of the Crucifix
The design of this crucifix is inspired by Mr. Brad S. of Illinois, a fervent prayer warrior of the Cross of St. Benedict Society and a long-time member. He wanted us to build a cross that is “majestic and opulent” that will be a glorious tribute to God. The wood he requested to depict this richness is solid mahogany wood. Knowing the important role of our Blessed Mother, Mr. Brad S. requested the powerful Miraculous medal be at the bottom of the crucifix.
About the wood
Mahogany is a lumber prized for its beauty, richness, durability and color. Mahogany is special because of the “chatoyancy or cat eyes” effect. What is that?
It is an optical reflection illusion which creates an effect analogous to the sheen from a spool of silk. The luminous streaks reflect light in a perpendicular to the direction of the wood grain. The result is a striking 3-dimensional appearance with shimmer, pop-the-grain and vibrancy.
The reddish brown color of Mahogany darkens over time depicting a new exciting color as time flies. Mahogany resists wood rot or termites making it attractive for heirloom pieces.
Due to its beauty and sturdiness, the price of Mahogany has been increasing over time. Though not yet restricted, the supply of Mahogany trees is vulnerable and thus will be an even prized piece after several decades.
About the Altar Crucifix
Jesus calls his disciples to “take up [their] cross and follow [him]” (Mt 16:24), for “Christ also suffered for [us], leaving [us] an example so that [we] should follow in his steps” (1 Pt 2:21).
“Apart from the cross, there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven” (St. Rose of Lima, in P. Hansen, Vita Mirabilis [Louvain, 1668])
- Wall and table display options
- Exorcised salt inserted inside the cross.
- Made of exotic solid wood (see the article on the biblical references about wood and the cross)
- A medal of Our Lady of the Undoer of Knots or Miraculous Medal, or Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, embedded at the bottom of the cross (biblical significance of Mary, Queen at the foot of the Cross, based on Canticle of Zechariah) or St. Michael medal or other Saints medal
- Trinitarian, Celtic and Marian designs
- Perpetual Enrollment in the Cross of St. Benedict Society, which means, your intentions are included in our daily celebration of the Liturgy of the Hours, Holy Masses and rosary.
- Certificate of Authencity papers with embossed stamp seal, identification to show that this is an original handcraftmanship of Oblate Patrick Campbell
- A prophecy scroll, that is, a Scripture verse to inspire the recipient in their current state of life.
- Spiritual warfare kit included
- Sturdy family heirloom that could be passed on from one generation to the next, re-finishing available at cost.
- Touched to the First Class Relic of the True Cross, thus the cross, after purchased, becomes a 3rd class relic.